It became a routine for Michelle Madrigal to share her body transformations every tuesdays with a purpose to inspire women and mothers out there in staying fit and healthy.
The former actress already based in Texas gave birth to her little ball of sunshine Annika Austin Woolfolk in October 2017 which was also the time she’s determined to get her pre-baby body back.
In her Instagram post, she just shared the five things she learned in her postpartum and weight loss journey.
1. Eat well- This is probably the most important part of the journey! You can never out train a bad diet. Don’t think of eating “healthy” as a restrictive diet because giving up all your favorite meals will cause you to binge eat on weekends. Learning when and how to properly nourish your body will help with a sustainable lifestyle change.
2. Don’t be afraid to try new things- Yes! Going to a bootcamp class, spinning, yoga or gym will help you reach your goals. It is important to find the right workout for you as it’s easier to do things that are enjoyable for you.
3. Get a training buddy!- trust me. There will be days when you would want to skip training... so having an accountability partner can help and push you to stay focused!
In her case, she have her husband Troy Woolfolk who share the same passion as her in staying fit to push her the extra mile when training.
4. It is a lifestyle change- don’t think of it as a short term process. You’re creating NEW habits so it will take time. Yes we all want to lose weight in one day or gain a bum overnight... but that’s not how life goes! Anything will work only if YOU do. If it was easy then heck, everyone would be doing it right?
Have a long term Goal..
*How will it make YOU FEEL once you drop those lbs you’ve been meaning to loose? *How is it going to affect your relationship?
*What impact will you be making to your family? These questions can really help you dig deeper on why you would like to move forward and live a healthier lifestyle.
5. Enjoy the process!- we are all human... yes we will get tempted, feel unmotivated etc but you have to see the bigger picture! Don’t rush it... everything takes time as long as you stay consistent.
Despite being diagnosed last year with Hashimoto’s disease— a condition where immune system makes antibodies that attack the thyroid gland, Michelle stays motivated and disciplined to do natural healing and live a healthier lifestyle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: