Liza Soberano admits going through a “trying time” as she explains social media absence

Liza Soberano gives an update to her fans after an absence on social media!

PHOTO: @lizasoberano on Instagram

Liza Soberano gives an update to her fans after an absence on social media!

Liza Soberano returned to social media via Twitter last Tuesday, November 10, to give a life update to her followers following an absence from all her social media pages.

It could be recalled that the Kapamilya actress left the Philippines last September 25 with reel-and-real life partner Enrique Gil to be with her relatives from her mother's side, specifically to tend to her ailing grandmother.

Since then, she has not been active on social media.

That is why it came as a surprise to fans when Liza gave them an update about her life in the United States.

She began her tweet by apologizing for being “MIA” or “missing in action” from social media, as she has been spending time with her family.

“Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. Just savoring the time I have with the people most special to me,” she wrote. “But I do constantly have all of you at the back of my mind and I just want to say thank you so much for all the love and support everyone has been showing me this.”

In another tweet, Liza said she has been going through a “trying time” for the past month.

“It’s honestly been a very trying time for me and I wanted to express how I was feeling with all of you but it was just too soon for me. I needed to take a break and think about life, my goals and what I think my mission is in life,” she went on.

It was last October when Liza was involved in a red-tagging issue after being warned by Lt. Gen. Antonio Parlade, Jr., for being a speaker for a webinar spearheaded by women’s group Gabriela Youth, which the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) deemed as a left-leaning organization.

"Liza Soberano, there's still a chance to abdicate the group. If you don’t, you will suffer the same fate as Josephine Anne Lapira.” Parlade, Jr., who is also the spokesperson of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC), said in a statement.

By October 22, through her legal counsel led by Atty. Juanito R. Lim, Jr., Liza released a statement, condemning the red-tagging placed upon the actress, while clarifying that her love and respect for women and children is her personal advocacy.

“Ms. Soberano remains to be apolitical,” Lim added in a letter released through Star Magic. “She does not support any person’s political views. The important point here is respect for others, a virtue she has conscientiously practised all her life.”

“We, thus, call on everyone concerned to be circumspect in associating our client, with their respective political beliefs, whatever it may be,” he concluded.

SOURCE: Star Magic

It was in January when Liza and Enrique made their return to television with the series Make It With You. However, taping for the show halted last March because of the lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

By June, the cast and crew had decided to cancel the series in fear of contracting the virus.

In an interview with ANC last September 24, Liza confirmed that she will return to work by early 2021, saying she will be doing a movie under Star Cinema with Enrique.

“I did have multiple meetings with Star Cinema and also with other executives at ABS-CBN,” Liza said. “They have pitched multiple stories to me and Enrique. By October I won’t be doing anything yet, but early next year definitely.”

Welcome to pikapika.ph! We use cookies to ensure your best experience when browsing this site. Continuing to use pikapika.ph means you agree to our privacy policy and use of cookies.